2017 Annual EEO Public File Report
Licensee: Sheila Callahan & Friends, Inc.
|Station Employment Unit:||KMSO 102.5 FM Missoula||PDF Version of this form is available HERE|
|KHDV 107.9 FM DARBY|
|KMSO HD3 BOOMER 106.3 Missoula|
|KMSO HD2 DRIVE MSLA 103.7 Missoula|
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following station(s): KMSO, KMSO HD2, KMSO HD3 Missoula, Montana, and KHDV, Darby, Montana and has been placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on our website.
The information in this report covers the time period beginning December 1, 2016 to and including November 30, 2017.
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
1) A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period;
2) For each such vacancy, the recruitment sources(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c) (1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
3) The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable period;
4) Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
5) A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c) (2) of the FCC rules.
Sections 1, 2 and 3 which follow have been designed, in the aggregate, to provide the required information. Please note that the numbers listed on Section 2 under the column entitled “Full time positions for which this source was utilized” refer to the number of full-time job positions listed on Section 1.
Section 1: Vacancy Information
Filled by Job Title
|Recruitment Source of Hire||Total Number of Interviewees from all sources for this position|
Total number of persons interviewed during this period: 0
Section 2: Recruitment Source Information
|Recruitment Source||Total # Interviewees this source has provided||Full time positions for which this source was utilized|
University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812-1844
|2.||Missoula Job Service
539 South Third West,
Missoula, MT 59801 406-
830 W. Central
Missoula, MT 59801
University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812-844
|5.||School of Business
Gallagher Business Building
32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812
school of journalism
1130 West Broadway
Missoula, MT 59802
Section 3: Supplemental (non-vacancy specific) recruitment activities undertaken by stations KMSO, KHDV, KMSO HD2, KMSO HD3
A. April 28, 2017 KMSO, KHDV was a major sponsor and member of the planning committee for the Missoula Job Service career fair. The stations were represented by the General Manager. The station also produced and ran a multi-media campaign for the event.
B. All sales employees participated in a training on a new sales system designed to provide new training, new sales opportunities and presentation skills. Trainings were held on October 17, 2017 and October 20, 2017.
C. October 2017 – November 2017 we ran schedules on KMSO and KHDV, KMSO HD2, KMSO HD3 to notify groups and organizations that any job openings would be sent to their organization upon their request.
D. During this time period we filled 3 part time positions. The above named referral sources were notified and included in consideration of applicants.
E. Mountain Broadcasting is providing media consultation-coordination on a committee formed by the Missoula Building Industry Assoc. to coordinate with the Montana Department of Labor and Industry, the Governor’s office and Missoula College to encourage high school students to pursue careers in trades.
F. All employees participated in a half-day training on a new broadcast/internet interface that provided both sales and on air employees new skills and opportunities. The trainings were held on October 3, 2017 and November 10, 2017.
G. Two Mountain Broadcasting Employees (Sheila Callahan, GM and Kris Hardy) participated in a webinar on EEO presented by the Montana Broadcasters Assoc. on November 18, 2017.